"Professional pre-hospital trauma care"
Welcome to the ITLS Ontario web site.
The latest course dates are under "ITLS Courses & Events"
ITLS Ontario is interested in developing instructors in all areas of Ontario. It is our goal to promote ITLS training throughout the province.
If you are an EMS service, Fire Service, the Military, emergency nursing group or a college that provides training in paramedicine, fire or nursing, please contact me if you are interested in providing ITLS training at your site.
Successful instructor candidates are certified to teach through our home site in Toronto. Instructors who would like to run their own courses outside of the Toronto home site need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a Course Director approved by ITLS Ontario's Medical Director (The ITLS course director is a physician licensed to practice medicine within the Chapter in which the course is taught (Province of Ontario).
- Have all of the necessary equipment
- Abide by the Policies and Procedures of ITLS International and ITLS Ontario (See the Policies and Procedures page)
- Teach the course according to the material and timelines set out by ITLS Ontario
- Be successfully monitored from time to time by ITLS Ontario Affiliate Faculty